1. What are the National corona measures in place?
We want to inform you on the current corona rules in the Netherlands, but be aware that these change constantly, so follow the news (English transalation available on the FB page “NOS in English”) or look it up yourselves on https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19.
- Stay at home if you experience any symptoms such as: a cold, cough, shortness of breath, fever.
- Keep at least a 1.5 meter distance from everyone outside of your household.
- Wash your hands more frequently and do not shake hands with others. Cough or sneeze in your elbow or tissue.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory in all public inside spaces; this includes university buildings.
- You can have a maximum of one guest in your home per day.
- The maximum group size outside is 2.
- All shops, museums, restaurants, bars, cinemas, and other public inside spaces are closed. Supermarkets are open, but you are strictly advised to go by yourselves.
- You can get tested by calling or booking a test via https://coronatest.nl/ – only if you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has corona and you have quarantined for 5 days after seeing that person.
- As of January 23, there is a night-time curfew. For more information check the infographic below.