ucu.community attaches great value to careful and safe handling of privacy-sensitive information. ucu.community has therefore drawn up this privacy statement. With this privacy statement, ucu.community gives you insight into how ucu.community handles your personal data. Personal data are understood to mean: all data that can be directly or indirectly traced back to a natural person.
This privacy statement applies to the processing of all online and offline types of personal data that ucu.community receives from:
- (potential) suppliers, customers, contractors, customers and other relations of ucu.community;
- visitors to the website of ucu.community (https://www.maeandivy.com) or an associated domain name;
- recipients of information from ucu.community;
- all other persons in contact with ucu.community.
Where in this privacy statement a person is referred to as ‘he’, ‘him’ or ‘his’, this also includes ‘she’ or ‘her’.
ucu.community requires visitors and customers under the age of 16 to inform a parent or guardian about ucu.community’s privacy statement and general terms and conditions. ucu.community will strive to verify whether permission has been granted. Only persons aged 16 and over can place orders online and/or become a member of the loyalty programme.
What personal data can we process?
ucu.community can process the following personal data, always subject to a legal ground provided by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR“):
Personal data that you have provided yourself:
- contact details (name, address, place of residence, email address, telephone number(s), IP address);
- identity information;
- payment details (bank account number, credit card number);
- personal data obtained through means of communication, such as the website, newsletters and emails:
- contact details (as described above);
- information about the device with which you visited our website, such as an IP address;
- your surfing behaviour on the website, such as:
– which data/webpages you have viewed and how you navigate the website through Adwords;
– whether you open a newsletter or email and which parts of it you click on;
– the dates and times of your visit to the website;
– the information obtained from Google Analytics;
– the information obtained from the cookies on the ucu.community website.
- the operating system you are using;
- the Internet address of the website to which the link is made;
- the geolocation;
- the data sent to ucu.community;
- the data downloaded from the website.
Personal data obtained from other sources:
- data available from public sources such as, but not limited to, social media;
- data obtained from the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce and the land registry;
- data available on public business websites.
Principles relating to processing
ucu.community defines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. This means that ucu.community is the controller within the meaning of the GDPR. ucu.community ensures that it always bases the processing of personal data on one of the principles as described in Article 6 of the GDPR.
We process your personal data on the basis of the following principles:
- if you have given ucu.community permission for the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- if the processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement to which you are a party, or to take measures at your request prior to the conclusion of an agreement;
- if the processing is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation that rests on ucu.community;
- if the processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person.
Use of personal data
When using your personal data, ucu.community observes the GDPR and the resulting laws and regulations. The use of personal data is referred to in the GDPR as ‘processing’. ucu.community collects and processes personal data from customers for the purposes set out below. These purposes are:
- To process your orders and to inform you about their progress. When you place an order with ucu.community, a number of information is requested: your name, telephone number, email address, delivery address, billing address, payment method, account number/credit card number, credit card expiry date and credit card security code. This information is necessary for the processing of an order and for the correct processing of any returns. Credit card details are never shared with third parties.
- To perform analyses for reports.
- To optimise our services.
- To inform you about products, benefits and events, only if you have registered for them or have already made a purchase from ucu.community.
- To display personalized advertising.
- If you participate in the loyalty programme, to be able to offer you the best possible personal privileges that belong to this programme.
- To provide you or third parties with information necessary to execute an order, to handle a complaint, to process a return shipment or if you have given your permission to do so.
- To provide information about you to third parties if we are obliged to do so by law or regulations (e.g., to investigative authorities).
- To check whether you can meet your payment obligations and to check all facts and factors that are important for the responsible entering into and/or executing of the agreement.The information needed to process credit card payments and transactions is sent to our bank and Ideal Checkout. Ideal Checkout is a company that offers technology solutions for online payments in e-commerce and is an interface between credit card companies, banks, merchants and consumers, when online payment takes place on the ucu.community website. ucu.community makes agreements with these companies regarding the processing of your personal data in order to safeguard your privacy. The bank information is stored in encrypted form by Ideal Checkout and every payment method offered is secured.
- To secure, adapt and improve the website.
- To verify your identity and to prevent fraud.
- In the case of applicants and/or employees, ucu.community processes your personal data for the following purposes:
– to conclude an employment contract, or
– to verify your identity;
– for recruitment and selection.
Sharing with third parties
ucu.community may engage third parties who process personal data on behalf of ucu.community as controller. These may include:
- contractors/suppliers, including but not limited to suppliers of IT services.
- public authorities.
In the above situations, ucu.community remains responsible for the processing of personal data and concludes processing agreements with these organisations. ucu.community may also enter into working arrangements with third parties who themselves are co-controllers. In such cases, ucu.community will conclude a controller agreement with these third parties.
ucu.community never sells your personal data to third parties.
Rights of data subjects
The data subjects in the sense of the GDPR are the natural persons to whom the personal data relate. These may include consumers, business contacts, employees, customers, contractors and visitors to ucu.community’s web pages. ucu.community will inform data subjects about the processing of personal data in an accessible and comprehensible manner by ucu.community. If you would like to know whether ucu.community processes your personal data or would like to exercise one of the following rights, please send a written request, possibly accompanied by your opinion, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. ucu.community will handle a(n) (access) request within 4 weeks. ucu.community is required to verify your identity before your request can be met.
In the case of processing of personal data, data subjects have the following rights:
- Viewing and/or modifying personal data
You can ask us at any time to indicate which (categories of) personal data on you are being processed by ucu.community, for which purposes, from which source the data come and which retention periods are applied. In addition, you can contact us at any time to complete, correct or delete your data. The request will be granted insofar as it is not in conflict with laws and regulations.
In the unlikely event that it turns out that ucu.community has processed and/or provided incorrect personal data of you to third parties, ucu.community will rectify this. If ucu.community has changed your personal data, ucu.community will inform you accordingly.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data
If you do not agree with the content of the data on you stored by ucu.community, you can submit a request to temporarily restrict the processing of your data.
- Withdrawal of consent
You may also withdraw your consent to process your personal data at any time (with the exception of the processing of personal data of employees employed by ucu.community). Upon receipt of your letter or email, ucu.community will immediately cease processing of your personal data for which you have given your consent. However, the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing operations that have already taken place.
- Right to transfer personal data
You can retrieve the personal data on you stored by ucu.community in a structured, common and machine-readable form. After receiving your personal data, you are free to transfer this information to a third party.
- Right to be forgotten
If you no longer wish to make use of ucu.community’s services, you may submit a request for the deletion of all your personal data. The request will be granted insofar as it is not in conflict with laws and regulations.
- Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on the principles of “legitimate interest of ucu.community or a third party” and “performance of a task carried out in the public interest” by ucu.community. If ucu.community relies upon these principles, ucu.community will weigh up the interests of your privacy. The right to object gives you the option of requiring ucu.community to reconsider its interests.
If you do not agree with ucu.community’s use of your personal data, you can indicate this by sending an email to email@example.com or by lodging a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Controller and (sub)processors
ucu.community is the so-called controller in the sense of the GDPR who controls the processing of personal data and determines the purposes and means of the processing.
ucu.community sometimes uses other companies to provide services for it. ucu.community remains responsible for the processing of personal data in the situations set out above. ucu.community makes contractual agreements with these companies regarding the handling of your personal data in order to safeguard your privacy. These are referred to as Processors or Sub processors, depending on the situation.
Security of personal data
ucu.community takes ongoing and structural measures to optimally protect your personal data against unlawful use. ucu.community takes physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures. Measures taken by ucu.community include:
- all employees of ucu.community (regardless of the form of their employment) have signed a confidentiality agreement whereby they undertake to observe complete confidentiality with regard to all information of a confidential nature or of which they must understand its confidential nature, including personal data;
- access to the personal data is restricted to authorised persons, whereby this number is kept as low as possible;
- the website is secured via https;
- the password of your personal account is encrypted;
- the electronic transmission of personal data always takes place in encrypted form and via a secure connection.
In line with the above principles, ucu.community ensures that all of its user settings, programs and services are designed from the very beginning of development to maximize your privacy protection. ucu.community continuously takes privacy-enhancing (security) measures wherever possible. With regard to the provision of information and services, ucu.community applies the ‘opt-in’ rule by default: information or services are only provided if you actively indicate this. This can be done, for example, by ticking a box on the website. The box has not been filled in beforehand.
Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites that are linked to our website. We cannot guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. Before using this website, always read the privacy statement of this website for more information about the way in which they handle your personal data.
Period of retention of personal data
ucu.community will never store personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose of the processing. ucu.community will in any event retain your personal data for the period that you have an agreement with ucu.community. Some personal data are subject to statutory retention periods. ucu.community fully complies with these retention periods.
ucu.community makes every effort to prevent data breaches. In the event of unexpected situations in which a data breach occurs, ucu.community has drawn up a protocol for the notification of data breach, which it consistently maintains.
ucu.community reserves the right to modify or change this privacy statement. None of the provisions of this privacy statement are intended to create any obligation or agreement between ucu.community and a data subject. This privacy is last revised in May 2018.